Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mommy, you look pretty...is it a special occasion??

When I worked every day, I dressed up in office attire, put on makeup etc. I would rarely leave the house without my hair done and some makeup on. Now I am lucky if I get a shower, let alone do my hair or put on makeup.


Last night was Mom's Night Out. I was dressed in something other than workout clothes, my hair had been blow dried and straightening ironed, I had makeup on AND earrings. Jackson walked out of his room and asked, "Mommy, where are you going?" I smiled at him and asked him, "why would you think I am going somewhere??" "Because you look pretty." Awww.... how sweet. But wait, don't I look pretty all the time? LOL.


Then Amelia came in and asked, "Mommy go to book club?" The week before I had my book club meeting. She then added,"mac and cheese with Daddy??" At this question, Jackson cheered, "yeah! Macaroni and cheese!!" Hmmm... do you see a pattern here? Whenever Mommy goes out for either Mom's Night Out or book club, Daddy makes his specialty-- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. It is actually a pretty cute little ritual. Kenny makes the mac and cheese and all three of them eat out of the pot, taking turns with one spoon.

I suppose that I am sending a message to them that I "come as I am" on a daily basis, but I have fun dressing up every now and then.

No comments: