Friday, July 25, 2008

A moment of silence for Randy Pausch...

An incredibly inspiring man lost his battle with cancer today. I downloaded his lecture to my iPod in April and read his book last month. I was so glad to have known about him through his words before he passed away. His attitude on life was very uplifting.

I have to admit that I shed a little tear today. I don't always cry when I hear about strangers passing, but Randy Pausch's words touched me. I know that today and probably the weeks leading up to today have been the hardest his wife has ever known. His young children will miss their father terribly. His baby girl will probably only have memories from the videos he made since his diagnosis.

Here is a ten minute excerpt from the Oprah show that I found on my friend Penny's blog.


His one-hour original lecture was great. You can see it here or google it and you can download it to iTunes for free.

1 comment:

Henry said...

everyone is talking abou this man.. i feel left out not knowing about him! i'm totally going to rearch al about him.. anyway, i'm having a giveaway, i'd love it if you'd stop by and toss your name in the hat!!