Monday, March 17, 2008

My baby girl is TWO...

I feel like I am entering a new stage of our lives. I don't have babies any more. As soon as Amelia potty trains, it is official. Part of me is excited for all the things we can do as a family (skiing, hiking, biking etc.) but part of me will miss my babies.

Amelia is at SUCH a great age. Every day she says or does something that I wish I had the video camera. She amazes me with what she says all the time. She is speaking in complete sentences and has a wonderful sense of humor. She has a strong personality and is constantly fighting with her brother. I hope that means that she will be an outgoing, confident person later in life.

She had a good birthday, I think. We started it yesterday afternoon. She hadn't napped well at ALL, so we knew that we were risking an unpleasant evening, but she was actually really good. We went to My Kids' Clubhouse in Bonita and practically had the place to ourselves. Both Jackson and Amelia had a great time.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Jackson even climbed a rock wall!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

We met Heather, Jeff and Piper and TGIFriday's for dinner. The girls entertained each other and the adults had good conversations. I wish I had brought in my camera, because Amelia wolfed down a large portion of ice cream in record time (she was supposed to be splitting it with Piper, but Piper declined). Amelia was a little amped after dinner and wanted to play, but we finally got her down around 8:30

This morning, she woke up a bit cranky. I think the night before was a bit stimulating. I put balloons in front of her door, tied to a Dora weight. That helped quite a bit.
Photobucket

However, she didn't take long to show us her "two-ness"
Photobucket

She unwrapped some gifts... (nice bed head! LOL)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And ended up having a great day...
Photobucket