Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My kids are great (part 1)

It's not such a creative title, but I thought I would take some time and describe what is going on with Jackson and Amelia so family and friends can keep up with them.

I'll start with Jackson.

Photobucket

He is really a great kid. He is everything a four-year-old should be: inquisitive, rambunctious and silly. He loves music and Star Wars. He loves building things. His favorite thing to play with (at least today) is his Magnatiles. They are plastic tiles that are magnatized and attach to each other. He makes space ships and houses. This is what he plays with when he is supposed to be taking a nap. He hasn't slept during nap time in months. I still act as if he does. I read a book and put him down. Almost immediately, I hear him play with those tiles or Legos.

Jackson seems to be liked by adults. He learns adults' names quickly and uses them in conversation. He doesn't lack in the conversation department--afterall, he is his mother's son :-) I get compliments all the time from my friends at Stroller Strides how well-mannered he is and how good he is with the smaller kids. One of the cutest things he does is go around to all the moms and ask them if they want to go to coffee with us. He is my little social coordinator. He is a Mommy Jr. I am so proud.

Speaking of the smaller kids... they just LOVE him. Many of the younger kids at Stroller Strides cal his name when they see him. They follow him around after class like the Pied Piper. And he eats it up. He is the instigator of many of the play that they do. Luckily, he is pretty well-behaved. I put more responsibility on him because he is in a position of role model. What he does, the little ones do. I honestly think he enjoys that role.

More later....

No comments: