Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dishwasher Helpful Hint

NEVER...I repeat NEVER use concentrated dish soap in your dishwasher.

I really appreciate when my sweet husband does the dishes. It is our unspoken deal: I cook dinner and he does the dishes. He doesn't always start the dishwasher, but that's ok. I usually start it during the day. Well, yesterday he decided to help me out and start the dishwasher before leaving for work. Now, the love of my life isn't known for his patience for looking for the daily needs of our routine. Not finding the automatic dishwashing detergent right away, he decided to use the liquid that we use to wash the dishes.

Shortly after he left for work, I walked into the kitchen to find six feet of three-inch deep suds inching across the kitchen floor (my NEW wood kitchen floor). It was something out of "I Love Lucy." After six or seven towels, I had it cleaned up. I had to let the suds inside the dishwasher dry out and wash everything by hand.

Just another day.....

1 comment:

A Little Of A Lot said...

Oh no !!!

I hope your new floors don't warp. EEK !!