Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Blogger vent...

I have two blogs. My original blog is what I have used to document the huge undertaking of training for my first marathon. There are blood, sweat and tears in the words on those pages. I started this one to talk about the non-running stuff like my kids, my thoughts on random things etc. While I love the things I write about here, the running blog is something incredibly meaningful to me. Several friends and family check in and read it and it encourages me daily.

I didn't know how much that blog meant to me until I lost it. Or at least I thought I lost it. When I clicked on the link the other night and it said that it had been removed, I seriously freaked. I panicked that one of the kids had accidentally hit a key or something when I left the dashboard up on the screen. I was in tears. Now I know that I over-reacted a bit, but at the time, I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of losing so much of my journey. My friends have told me that it means a lot to them, too. It documents the journey for Laura, Lisa and Jen as well.


I did finally figure out what happened (after my computer locked up and restarting it), I found this message:
"Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive."
That was Tuesday night. It still isn't back. All it needs is a human to click on it once to realize that a computer did NOT generate my blog. What is taking so long???? I feel naked without it. I have had several e-mails from friends asking me where it went. I had just registered with a running blog forum and I was getting hits outside of my circle of friends/family and it was cool. I was getting support from other runners. Now I may have lost some of those people.

It irritates me a LOT. Now I am wondering if I should move to another blogging site. It really isn't fair. What if I was using that blog for my business somehow? And if you have a computer generated screen, why not just e-mail someone and make them jump through a hoop or two to prove they are a human rather than just removing the entire content?????? I mean, for crying out loud, they make you fill in numbers/letters to prove you are not a computer before commenting, why couldn't they do that to make sure your blog is not some sort of "link spam."

Just writing about this makes me mad. I think I'll go to bed now.....

No comments: